Flickr Images

https://www.facebook.com/vignalistudio/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL7SU_6-cxyuVEIHcV1nsiA

The Dryer Fire

10 comments
Hello everyone. Marcos was teasing me for having mentioned my dryer fire, at the same time I put up a post. I didn't think about it at the time, but it is funny. "Help, FIRE...oh, by the way, here's another post."

Marcos told me I should have posted the drawing with burned edges.

Anyway, here is a picture of the dryer. Sherri, my wife, said the flames were shooting out of the machine, and she knew if she waited for the firemen to arrive, we might loose the house. So, she quickly filled a couple small buckets of water and doused the fire. It was still on fire when the firemen did arrive, but those buckets-full never let the fire get out of control.

The scary thing is that it is a gas dryer, so if the gas line heated up, it could have exploded. Or, with all the electrical components exposed, when she through the buckets of water on it, she could have been electrocuted or shocked into unconsciousness. Either way, we're lucky "the Mrs." didn't get hurt.

This whole thing sure has scared the kids.

10 comments :

Armand Serrano said...

My godness that's scary! But I want to commend you my friend for posting the figure drawing during the ordeal...a true blogger!

Mark McDonnell said...

Not good man. Just not a fun thing to worry about. It's the nomal everyday things that seem to be too much sometimes. I'm glad all is well and your wife and children are alright, not to mention the house.

OY VEY!!!!


MAC

Hans said...

Damn, fire is a scary thing. We love it in our grill, but definitely not in the dryer!!! Unfortunate happenings like that sure reminds you to appreciate what you have. Lol, I can see you sittin' at the computer, scanning your drawing with one hand and putting out fire with the other. As Armand said, a true die hard blogger!
I'm glad you're all ok and if anything good can be said about the event, your kids definitely got a first hand lesson in the dangers of fire.

Take care and have a great weekend:)

Hans

Hans said...

P.S. Burned edges...lol good one Marcos!;)

Shuku said...

Oh man, that's scary! Dryers catching on fire...am so glad that you and the family are all right.

(I came across your blog due to El Pacifico. Such gorgeous work! And it's really lovely reading too when the artistic inspiration flags though my puny efforts don't compare!)

--Shuku

Druie said...

It's good to hear that nobody was hurt. Your wife is very brave!

Grant Alexander said...

Thank god everyone is alright. I think it's time to think about a laundry mat.

Jedulous said...

I'm glad you guys were taken care of. It's good that nothing REALLY bad happened. I mean, it was a close call, but that's all, you know? I didn't know gas dryers existed. Interesting.

Are there gas blenders? That'd be funny. A blender with a two stroke engine in it. In case you need to blend some bricks.

jed

martin wittig said...

Man, i am sure glad that everyone is o.k.

David Colman said...

holy schnikes man!!!! so happy to hear everything worked out......
maybe its time to hang dry your stuff again../. after you wash your robes in the river...